Turfside Dining Room
Handicapping Challenge- February
Monthly Handicapping Challenges are free to enter and play. Registration begins at 12:00pm in the Racebook. The event includes prizes and light refreshments. The top 15 finishers each month qualify for the Grande finale in April.
February's Challenge Track is Gulfstream Park, races 3-8
New Challenge Rules & Information:
- Contestants must register at front desk prior to the start of the contest in order to receive their BET SLIPS.
- Each contestant will receive $48 in fantasy money to wager on the 6 contest races.
- Contestants will wager a total $8 per race, including $4 on WIN and $4 on PLACE.
- Players may bet the full amount on one horse, or choose to bet on two different horses for each pool.
- Contestants will clearly mark their betting selections on the BET SLIP and submit this form to the Registration Table prior to the start of the corresponding race. If bets are not received before the start of the race, $0 will be wagered for that race.
- If Bets are incorrectly marked on the Entry form, or if bets cannot be clearly read, $0 will be wagered.
- All bets do not have to be made in advance.
- Leaders will be ranked by money won.
- No changes can be made after Bet Slips have been submitted.
- In the event of a scratch, changes will be accepted if time permits. If there is not enough time to accept changes, the WIN pool favourite will be applied.
- Each handicapping challenge awards prizes to the top three finishers. First place wins a $100 betting voucher. Second place wins $50. Third place wins $30.
- In the event of a tie, prize money may be split.
- The top 15 finishers from each event will advance to a grand finale on April 25, 2020.Contestants can only qualify for the finale once. If a contestant in the top 15 has already qualified, the next eligible contestant will advance to the finale.
- Grand Finale winner on April 25, 2020 will receive a $500 voucher, dinner for 4 in theTurfside Dining Room, and free Fort Erie programs for the 2020 season. 2nd place finisher wins $150, 3rd place finisher wins $50.
- Rules are subject to change without notice. All decisions made by Fort Erie Race Track contest administrators are final.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this competition.
See links below for results from January's Handicapping Challenge, as well as a list of contestants to date who have qualified for our Challenge Finale in April.
Upcoming Challenge Dates
Finale: April 25 - By Invitation Only